Friday, February 10, 2006

My Reintroduction into Society

Returning to the U.S., I'm reminded of the largeness of this country. On the way to my parent's house, I was surprised to notice how wide the freeways were. I had forgotten that Costco sells everything in huge portions. I mean, really, who needs a cherry pie that measures 24 inches across? The size of the houses and the cars, all of it is bigger than Australia. And there are so many more people here!

While it is summer in Sydney, the high today in San Francisco was 74, quite nice for the winter. I miss the long days in Australia, it gets dark here so soon that I think that 7:45 should be bedtime.

I haven't had much of a chance to go shopping yet, but I'm looking forward to getting some new clothes; the clothes in Australia are quite expensive. Shopportunites await!