Monday, February 20, 2006

Spiders from Mars

Peggy hath returned from her sojourn back to her state of origin, enjoying her time away. The tales from her consumption of Mexican food has made me greener than guacamole with envy. Each dish has been itemized and recounted.

We are still in a late summer here, what we would call an Indian summer back home. Not sure if they use the same terminology by labelling an 'aboriginal summer'. Humid and hot is the name of the game, but quite often a thunderstorm will roll through and wash everything thoroughly.

During my time alone the past two weeks, I came to notice a great deal more spiders in the trees and bushes around our house. I'm not sure if these spiders are seasonal or not, but I have never seen them bigger and in number then they are right now. I was awoken to a Huntsman spider crawling up the wall last Monday morning - a spider about the size of a fist. Luckily, we had encountered one of these before at Uluru and I knew it wasn't poisonous as I removed the Huntsman from our apartment. This blog is quickly becoming an inflated version of my various workingman herorics. Next week - how I paid our taxes!

So, that brings the tally of insects and animals that tend to plague Sydney at various points in time to four. We've had cockroaches, flies, bats and now spiders. Things just seem more alive here.