Friday, April 28, 2006

Public Displays of Affection

Massages are a popular service here in Australia, with many store fronts and street vendors offering a quick rub down in public. With prostitution being legal here, there is not the same stigma associated with Asian massage parlours. Out to dinner tonight with my parents and the Swicks, we saw several people getting some serious work done to their backs in a public marketplace. Maybe its just me, but I would never want some one exerting that much physical force towards me, lest I let out a whimper. It is amusing to see these people slumped over on their tables with a 'hygenically' protective sheet over them, having a complete stanger with their hands periously close to one's private regions. Within five feet of them were a Chinese dumpling cart and an imitation Hello Kitty stand. How's that for quality.