Monday, October 23, 2006

Separation Anxiety

Allo Ebberybuddy:

Peggy got onto a large jet plane today, heading back to California and various blue states for the next few weeks, leaving me to my day-to-day in the Big Syd. We had a mellow weekend, with some sports being played, many television shows downloaded and general quality time logged in anticipation of the next few weeks apart.

I'm back at work these days, contracting for an agency while balancing school. Although a crappy reminder of what reality in the working world is like, money and motivation has its' advantage. The contract involves working on the redesign of Australia.com, looking to be a quality project, along eventually taking home a diploma, souvenirs from my time abroad.

Gave up coffee about a month ago and finding the jolt in the morning was really overrated. I can't say that I don't miss a strong cup of joe with some eggs and toast on a Sunday morning, but the day-to-day coffee breath, short nerves and doo-doo-run-runs are a welcome omissions to my routine. Haven't given up caffiene entirely, Coca Cola and tea are still ingested into this lean mean machine.