Monday, March 06, 2006

Employment - Hold the Starch

Today is the first day of my employment through the University of Sydney as a lecturer and tutor. I've cast the starched shirts and wingtips aside and traded them in for flip-flops and tank tops. This week has consisted of running around and filling in various forms and applications to allow the powers that be to provide me access, install my RAM, approve my research and pimp my ride. This all sucks royallyam but it is better than being stuck in faceless office building, in a cube under florescent lighting all day.

I do have work to do in a cube and under florescent lighting for only half the day, however. That picture above and on the right is my advisor blowing a hole in some undergaduate cerebral cortexes through his mad, mad lecturing skills. This is the only known picture that exists of the man, and a blurry one at that. Wednesday night is my turn to drop knowledge on tomorrow's leaders. Children, they are our future.

One of the good things about this semester is that there now is a definite end to the process. 15 or so weeks and then I get to go home to California. June 29th is our expected jettison date, being able to stay home until the second semester begins at the end of July. Can't wait.